The Local Community Grants Program provides opportunities for funding of up to $5,000 per project to support work undertaken within our local community. This is a good place to start if you haven’t applied for a grant before, to introduce your project to the City and familiarise yourself with our processes.
How to apply
Applications for this program are called for twice annually, usually from February – April and July – August each year.
To ensure you stay abreast of application rounds, please send us an email with your contact details and we’ll notify you when a grant round is opening.
All applications are assessed against the general and specific criteria for this program, which are set out in the City’s grants and sponsorships policy.
For further information, please contact the City’s Grants Team on 02 9265 9333 or .
- Australasian Art & Stageworks: a bilingual Chinese stage-play, called Life’s a Stage, specially developed to form part of 2013 Chinese New Year Festival
- Another Closet – The Cabaret: an entertainment event and awareness campaign addressing domestic violence in the community, with a particular focus on GLBTIQ relationships
- Australian Theatre for Young People: a community performance of a work called The Voices Project, specifically designed for those interested in theatre but who don’t often have access
- Cat Jones: development of the Transcontinental Garden Exchange, an experiment in communication between humans and plants, across regions
- Culture at Work: the City Schools’ Planet Art Exhibition connected creativity, art, schools, children, parents, families and communities, with sustainability programs and environmental issues, through an involving exhibition and festival.
Applications for this program are invited twice a year:
- Round 1 Applications are now closed
- Round 2 Applications are now closed
- Grants and Sponsorship Policy
- Successful 2013/2014 local community grants