There has never been a better time to apply for a grant with the City. We’ve overhauled the way our programs are structured, cut down the paperwork and moved the applications online.
Grants are now available for projects that fall into four categories – cultural, community, environment and business. Our cultural grants have been tweaked to reflect the cultural policy to ensure we’re doing our best to encourage cultural participation and to support our artists and makers.
Cultural and creative grants
This program supports initiatives that provide opportunities for creative participation, enhance creativity in the public domain and strengthen the sustainability and capacity of the city’s cultural and creative industries.
Funding of $5,000 to $50,000 is available for annual projects or ventures that continue for three years. This program is open to not-for-profit organisations, for-profit organisations, social enterprises and individuals endorsed by an incorporated body.
We will be giving priority to projects that:
- Animate public areas
- Highlight local histories
- Encourage learning opportunities
- Develop the capacity of cultural organisations/creative practice, including digital
- Break down barriers that may prevent people from participating in cultural activities
- Share knowledge in innovative ways or emphasise the experience of our diverse communities
- Engage with international practice
- Create opportunity for live music and performance.
Round 1 applications for projects running from July 2015 to June 2016 opens on 27 January and closes on 2 March. Round 2 opens on 3 August. Head here to stay up to date on dates.
Other grants and sponsorships
Depending on your project, you may also apply for:
- Festivals and events sponsorship – for festivals and events that celebrate, develop and engage the city’s communities. The event can be an art form or village/community focused
- Matching grant – for grassroots and local projects that contribute to vibrant, sustainable communities
- Knowledge exchange sponsorship – for events that promote the sustainable development of cities, programs that mentor new businesses, networking events, tools to communicate knowledge within social, cultural, green and business industries and programs that build skills in businesses and non-profits
- Accommodation grant – lease a City space at a reduced rate
- Quick response grant – for small-scale initiatives for local residents and organisations, focusing on people selected to participate in sporting, academic, cultural and environmental initiatives, but who are experiencing financial difficulties – as well as emergency support for community, cultural and sustainability projects
- Venue support grants and sponsorship – for people wanting to access the City’s venues for concerts, fundraisers, meetings, conferences and community gatherings
- Street banner sponsorship – fee waiver for non-profits looking to advertise with the City’s banners
- Business improvement grant – funding to improve shopfronts or undertake acoustic audits for live music
- Village business grant – for initiatives that enhance local commercial precincts and strengthen business networks
- Commercial creative and business event sponsorship – for major events that deliver significant economic benefits to the city.
How to apply
Read the grants and sponsorships policy and guidelines to decide which program/s are best suited to you and confirm availability. Head here to download both documents and apply online.
If you have any questions, get in touch with our grants team on 02 9265 9333 or firstname.lastname@example.org.