The inconspicuously named The Other Art Fair is back. This year, it has set up in a great new space at COMMUNE Waterloo and features more than 100 emerging artists handpicked by a committee of art industry experts.
To get your art collection started, here are 5 artists you won’t want to miss:
- Niloufar Tofigh’s wistful paintings often take images of women as their theme
2. Robin Clare is a contemporary Jamaican artist with a passion for promoting her national culture – her work often features street slang, party names and dance techniques
3. Elefteria Vlavianos derives imagery from her Greek/Armenian heritage, taking pleasure in small cultural objects that are often displaced
4. Leonie Barton works both in 2D and 3D. She makes artworks with materials she finds around her and documents them daily
5. Chris Humphries draws in books, focusing on landscapes and nostalgia for place.
And if you’re a fan of Alain de Botton, don’t miss The Point of Art guided tour programmed in partnership with The School of Life, which will help you to get a deeper understanding of art and possibly yourself!